民間流傳治失眠的方法頗多。如果你曾經試過失眠﹐那你一定用過或聽過一種以上 幫助入睡的方法。以下是一些醫治失眠有效的方法﹐任君選擇嘗試﹐找出對你本身 最有效的靈方﹕
1. Do these steps prior to going to bed: clench your fists, then slowly release them. Shake loose your hands. Repeat steps several times. Relax your mind, then go to bed. You will easily fall asleep.
2. Rub and pull your fingers one by one with two fingers from the other hand until the fingers are relatively warm. Switch hands to work on other fingers. This can stabilize your emotion and have slight hypnotizing effect to put you to sleep.
3. Soak feet before going to bed with warm water for ten minutes to dredge the blood flow in order to let you fall asleep easier.
4. Free up all the distracting matters from you mind and pray sincerely. If you are not religious, you can count numbers instead.
5. Before going to bed, lie down on a hard floor (e.g., wood, tiles, etc.) with a hard block as a pillow (or thick books). Relax yourself, close your eyes and take deep breaths slowly for five minutes or more. Then lie down on bed on your back and continue with eyes closed, deep breaths and relaxation. When you are in a state of peace, shift to your usual, comfortable sleeping position. You will fall asleep immediately.
6. Drink a glass of apple juice with one teaspoon of honey before going to bed.
7. Drink a cup of warm water with a tablespoon of vinegar before going to bed.
8. Drink a glass of milk before going to bed.
9. Drink a glass of sweetened water before bed. This is to promote a large amount of serotonin which can generate a sense of drowsiness.
10. In treating insomnia, three acupuncture points are effective. (see diagram above)
i) the "hypnotic" point (about 5 inches above the inner ankle along the margin of the tibia); massage 1-2 minutes each side.
ii) the "spring opening" point (mid-point between the inner ankle and heel); massage 1-2 minutes each side.
iii) the "insomnia" point (deep inside the center the heel); hit 100 times each side with a health mallet (a small wooden hammer)..
11. Massage acupuncture points in your hands. To solve the sleeplessness problem, massage two points in your hands can be effective: i) "Chungchung" on the middle finger, ii) "neikuan" on the forearm below the wrist see diagram) on "Acupressure Applications". In addition, massaging the "three mile" point on the forearm is also helpful. Massage each point gently before going to bed.
12. Massage each of the following acupuncture points 36 times (in 4 groups of 9, briefly pause after each group):
Head: Baihui (top of the head)
Hand (left and right): Shenmen, Neikuan
Feet (left and right): Taichong, Sanyinjiao and "3-miles" point on the leg.